Dental implants in Louisville offer a safe and effective way to replace teeth missing as the result of dental decay, disease, or an accident. If you’re missing one or more teeth, you may want to select dental implants to repair the health and appearance of your smile.
At Louisville Dental Associates, we see many patients who have chosen dental implants to replace either a single or multiple teeth, or who want to provide better support for their dentures. Implants are titanium rods that are surgically placed directly into the jawbone, acting like a replacement for the roots of a missing tooth.
Replacing a Missing Tooth
Whether the result of an accident or dental decay and disease, replacing a missing tooth is an important part of protecting your long-term oral health. While a gap in your smile may cause some discomfort, it can also cause lasting damage if left untreated. Failure to replace a missing tooth can cause:
- Changes in your bite that make eating more difficult.
- Jaw pain and TMJ due to bite realignment.
- A shift in the appearance of your smile as neighboring teeth begin to move into the space left vacant by the missing tooth.
- A deterioration of the supporting bone structure that holds your teeth into position.
- A change in how you speak.
- You to feel self-conscious about your appearance.
- The shape of your face to change, as a loss of teeth and bone can cause the face to sag.
Why wait to get the healthier, better looking smile you’ve been wanting? Contact our office today to schedule a dental implant consultation and start smiling with confidence once again.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Implants take the place of where a tooth would normally be positioned. They are attached to the jawbone to provide a firm base for the placement of artificial teeth, dental bridges, and dentures. Implants are designed to look and feel just like regular teeth, and offer a number of benefits that include:
- An improved confidence in a smile that looks and feels natural.
- An ability to eat, drink, and talk like before.
- Experiencing less pain or discomfort when eating.
- A secure fit that makes replacement restorations feel more natural and comfortable to wear.
- An improved fit means never having to worry about dentures or bridges accidently slipping.
- Dental implants prevent a diminishing of the supporting jawbone structure that surrounds the gap in your smile.
· Implants offer wonderful long-term value as they can last for a lifetime when supported with brushing, flossing, and regular dental care.
Experience the Advantage of Green Technology 3D Imaging
To provide our patients with the latest and most advanced dental care possible, dental implant patients can now enjoy the benefits of Green CT imaging.
An advanced digital x-ray imaging system, Green CT utilizes 3D and Panoramic imaging to provide our doctors with highly detailed scans of a patient’s teeth. Using these high-quality images, our doctors can create customized dental implants that perfectly fit into a patient’s natural smile.
As an added bonus, Green CT scans use far less radiation making the procedure even safer for our patient’s long-term health.
Who Makes a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you enjoy good oral and overall health and your jaw can support an implant, then this treatment option could help restore your smile. Patients do need to possess the bone density necessary for dental implants, so not every patient is a candidate for this type of restorative treatment. Patients without the necessary jaw support can explore options such as a bone graft to make a future implant possible.
Contact the Team at Louisville Dental Associates for Your Implant Consultation
Why wait any longer to achieve the healthier, more attractive-looking smile you’ve been wanting? If you’ve been considering dental implants in Louisville, then you need to schedule a consultation with our dental implant experts. Don’t underestimate the value of what smiling with confidence can mean in your life. Make the smile of your dreams a reality by contacting LDA today!