Dental implants in Louisville offer a safe and effective way to replace teeth missing as the result of dental decay, disease, or an accident.
If you’re missing one or more teeth, you may want to select dental implants to repair the health and appearance of your smile.
At Louisville Dental Associates, we see many patients who have chosen dental implants to replace either single or multiple teeth, or who want to provide better support for their dentures. Implants are titanium rods that are surgically placed directly into the jawbone, acting as a replacement for the roots of a missing tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Implants take the place of where a tooth would normally be positioned. They are attached to the jawbone to provide a firm base for the placement of artificial teeth, dental bridges, and dentures. Implants are designed to look and feel just like regular teeth, and offer a number of benefits that include:
- Improved confidence in a smile that looks and feels natural.
- An ability to eat, drink, and talk like before.
- Experiencing less pain or discomfort when eating.
- A secure fit that makes replacement restorations feel more natural and comfortable to wear.
- An improved fit means never having to worry about dentures or bridges accidentally slipping.
- Dental implants prevent a diminishing of the supporting jawbone structure that surrounds the gap in your smile.
Implants offer wonderful long-term value as they can last for a lifetime when supported with brushing, flossing, and regular dental care.
Who Makes a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you enjoy good oral and overall health and your jaw can support an implant, then this treatment option could help restore your smile. Patients do need to possess the bone density necessary for dental implants, so not every patient is a candidate for this type of restorative treatment. Patients without the necessary jaw support can explore options such as a bone graft to make a future implant possible.