Do you feel self-conscious about the state of your smile?
Do you cover your mouth when laughing to hide crooked, crowded, or misaligned teeth? Does the current state of your oral health make it hard for you to achieve personal and professional goals? If you answered yes to these questions, then Invisalign could offer the solution you’ve been wanting.
Invisalign offers patients a discreet and highly effective option for straightening teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces that use uncomfortable brackets and wires to improve the appearance of a patient’s smile, Invisalign utilizes clear plastic aligners to straighten teeth.
Invisalign treatments are fast, affordable, and make an ideal choice for adult patients wanting to straighten their smile discreetly. Don’t wait any longer to get the healthier, more attractive-looking smile you’ve been wanting. Contact Louisville Dental Associates today to schedule your Invisalign consultation with our Louisville Invisalign dentists, and take the first step towards achieving a smile you can have confidence in showing.
Invisalign offers a number of advantages when compared to more traditional forms of orthodontic treatment, like metal braces, that include:
- Discreet treatment. Traditional metal braces require the use of brackets and wires that stand out from the natural complexion of a patient’s smile. Invisalign aligners are made of clear plastic that blends seamlessly into the natural appearance of your teeth. Invisalign aligners are so discreet that most people will never even notice you’re undergoing treatment.
- Fewer trips to the orthodontist and shorter treatment times. Metal braces require frequent adjustments that necessitate visiting an orthodontist every one to two months to keep the treatment on track. Additionally, treatment times for metal braces can range from between 18 months to three years for adult patients. With Invisalign, treatment times average between six to 12 months, with patients making just an average of five office visits.
- Eat whatever you want. The brackets and wires used with metal braces can break, bend, and shift if patients eat certain types of food. As a result, patients undergoing traditional orthodontic treatment have a long list of food like whole apples, corn on the cob, gum, pretzels, and other tasty treats they must avoid eating. With Invisalign, patients simply remove their aligner before eating so they can continue enjoying all of their favorite foods.
- Continue your current oral hygiene regimen. The brackets and wires of metal braces require making some changes to your daily oral hygiene routine. Patients must use special threaders and flossers to successfully clean around brackets and underwires. With Invisalign, simply remove your aligner and continue brushing and flossing like before.
- Straight teeth are healthier teeth. When your teeth are properly aligned, the health benefits are clear.
- Healthier gums. It's easier to brush and floss around properly aligned teeth, and you are less likely to have pockets between gums and teeth that trap bacteria.
- Improved Hygiene. Properly aligned teeth reduce plaque retention, tooth decay and the risk of gum disease.
- Less wear and trauma. Aligned teeth reduce the risk of tooth chipping, breaking and wear, which can require expensive procedures to repair. Proper alignment also reduces stress on the jawbone and joints.